Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,336 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
Arjan82 said:
That 3 miles of google apparently referred to this article:
https://gouldvision.com/blog/how-far-can-humans-see/

This article also mentions the Andromeda galaxy. And about those 3 miles:
"
3 miles: The edge of the Earth (as it curves) is about 3 miles from viewing point to the edge. Ever stare out at the ocean? The farthest point you can see is about 3 miles out.
"
ChatGPT is a bit more conservative in its answer:
1670534073501.png
 
Jarvis323 said:

And lo, the Lord spoke unto his people and said, "Behold, the universe is filled with fields of energy, both visible and invisible, that can be harnessed for great power. These fields are quantized, meaning they come in discrete units, and they are the foundation of all matter and energy in the cosmos."
 
Santa, I've been really really good this year and I'd like ...
Wait. OK, there was that one time when I ...
Uh, yeah, then that other time.
Well, crap. I'll just buy my own stuff.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DrClaude and davenn
phinds said:
Well, crap. I'll just buy my own stuff.

always buy my own stuff anyway ... that way I know I will get something I like/want :wink: :smile:
 
I was offered a job packing paprika, thyme & rosemary into jars.
I didn't take it though. I wasn't looking for seasonal work.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD, DennisN, Borg and 2 others
and on that same theme ....

1670617320133.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD, DennisN, berkeman and 3 others
Nuclear physicists don't like hunting, but they do enjoy fission.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix, Wrichik Basu, DennisN and 1 other person
What a morning. Got up at 5am, ran 5 miles, came back and worked the weights for 1/2 hour, had a vegetable smoothie for breakfast. Now I'm exhausted and I can't even remember the rest of that dream. Don't know whether I went on to work or not.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: WWGD and davenn
Yesterday my daughter e-mailed me, again, asking why I didn't do something useful with my time. Like sitting around the pool and drinking rum isn't a good thing.

Talking about my "doing something useful" seems to be her favorite topic of conversation. She is "only thinking of me," she said, and suggested, I go down to the Senior Center and hang out with the fellas.

So, when I got home, I decided to play a prank on her. I sent her an e-mail saying that I had joined the Senior Parachute Club.

She replied, "Are you nuts? You're 79 years old and now you're going to start jumping out of airplanes?

I told her that I even had a Membership Card and e-mailed a copy.

Immediately, she telephoned me and yelled, "Good grief, Dad, where are your glasses? This is a membership to a Prostitute Club, not a Parachute Club."

"Oh man, am I in trouble," I said, "I signed up for five jumps a week!"

The line went dead. I think she fainted.

Life as a senior isn't getting easier but sometimes it can be fun!
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: berkeman, davenn, OCR and 2 others
Honoring those in front of you, or insulting those behind you
20221210_212644.jpg
 
I've decided to take my chemistry degree in the quantum/computational route.

I am become physicist, destroyer of sanity.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DennisN and BillTre
Soon it will be Christmas... and if you are going to draw your own Christmas cards, here's a lesson:

Reindeer.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix, BillTre, Wrichik Basu and 2 others