Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,344 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
- 13,926
- 16,805
Related - the Chief Stoker's Principle: if at first you don't succeed, hit it with a bigger hammer.
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
Too legit to hit. Don't hurt them, Hammer (US celebrities dish).Ibix said:Related: the Chief Stoker's Principle: if at first you don't succeed, hit it with a bigger hammer.
- 2,188
- 2,694
You forgot the (in)famous duct tape.nsaspook said:
- 16,101
- 9,307
That reminds of the three fundamental equations in Electrical Engineeringnsaspook said:
$$\begin{align} & V=IR \\ & I=V/R \\& R=V/I \end{align}$$
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 13,438
- 8,110
If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.Ibix said:Related - the Chief Stoker's Principle: if at first you don't succeed, hit it with a bigger hammer.
Arjan82
- 625
- 619
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
The worst thing is that for some, this is not a joke.kuruman said:That reminds of the three fundamental equations in Electrical Engineering
$$\begin{align} & V=IR \\ & I=V/R \\& R=V/I \end{align}$$
I remember meeting a retired electrician and he was so proud to show me: (1) he had a calculator; (2) he had a list of equations inside his calculator case, something like this (Yep, it is still available on the Web):
- 16,101
- 9,307
No, this is no joke. I can see how the chart can be useful when people cannot trust themselves to do the required simple algebra in their heads. They don't want to build something only to discover that it cannot pass the smoke test.jack action said:The worst thing is that for some, this is not a joke.
I remember meeting a retired electrician and he was so proud to show me: (1) he had a calculator; (2) he had a list of equations inside his calculator case, something like this (Yep, it is still available on the Web):
I only saw 2 [very simple, very basic] equations, that I know by heart even though electricity is not my domain. I wanted to tell him that it was just the same two equations rearranged differently, but I could see the mathematical concept would just go over his head. Still, he was proudly - half-joking, half-serious - saying stuff like: "See, I'm almost an engineer!"
256bits
Gold Member
- 4,284
- 2,297
He should have gone from D- to A+ in gym.pinball1970 said:History? What about all the other grades? I was trying to find connections to glowing noses and maintaining an A in Science.
That's what happens when you spend too much time deciphering physics jokes.
Science Advisor
- 13,423
- 4,244
pinball1970
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 3,887
- 6,216
I think improved grades in science and maths due to his contribution to novel flight navigational systems was warranted.256bits said:He should have gone from D- to A+ in gym.
Last edited:
pinball1970
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 3,887
- 6,216
festive..
Science Advisor
- 13,423
- 4,244
- 19,385
- 15,622
Science Advisor
- 13,423
- 4,244
- 19,385
- 15,622
- 19,385
- 15,622
Don't know about you folks but this is definitely true for me:
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2025 Award
- 16,110
- 8,527
But doesn't everybody do that on their phones nowadays? Either your bank app or your health app, take your pick.WWGD said:
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8