Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,344 replies · 3M views
When a man gives his girlfriend a diamond ring, would you call that "carbon dating"?
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: davenn, 256bits, BillTre and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
1671471514436.png
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: OCR, davenn, 256bits and 7 others
kuruman said:
That reminds of the three fundamental equations in Electrical Engineering
$$\begin{align} & V=IR \\ & I=V/R \\& R=V/I \end{align}$$
The worst thing is that for some, this is not a joke.

I remember meeting a retired electrician and he was so proud to show me: (1) he had a calculator; (2) he had a list of equations inside his calculator case, something like this (Yep, it is still available on the Web):

Ohms_Law_Pie_chart.svg_.png
I only saw 2 [very simple, very basic] equations, that I know by heart even though electricity is not my domain. I wanted to tell him that it was just the same two equations rearranged differently, but I could see the mathematical concept would just go over his head. Still, he was proudly - half-joking, half-serious - saying stuff like: "See, I'm almost an engineer!"
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: Not anonymous, DrClaude and Wrichik Basu
jack action said:
The worst thing is that for some, this is not a joke.

I remember meeting a retired electrician and he was so proud to show me: (1) he had a calculator; (2) he had a list of equations inside his calculator case, something like this (Yep, it is still available on the Web):

I only saw 2 [very simple, very basic] equations, that I know by heart even though electricity is not my domain. I wanted to tell him that it was just the same two equations rearranged differently, but I could see the mathematical concept would just go over his head. Still, he was proudly - half-joking, half-serious - saying stuff like: "See, I'm almost an engineer!"
No, this is no joke. I can see how the chart can be useful when people cannot trust themselves to do the required simple algebra in their heads. They don't want to build something only to discover that it cannot pass the smoke test.
 
pinball1970 said:
History? What about all the other grades? I was trying to find connections to glowing noses and maintaining an A in Science.
That's what happens when you spend too much time deciphering physics jokes.
He should have gone from D- to A+ in gym.
 
256bits said:
He should have gone from D- to A+ in gym.
I think improved grades in science and maths due to his contribution to novel flight navigational systems was warranted.
 
Last edited:
festive..

1671528593393.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre, davenn, Filip Larsen and 4 others

Sword-Wielding Suspect Arrested After Showering In Random House

You would think a well know big publishing company would have better security,
 
  • Wow
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark and BillTre
256bits said:
He should have gone from D- to A+ in gym.
His school was so fancy, it didn't just have a gym, it had a James.
 
A4CAF204-87F4-43C5-BFEA-5506B1A276F2.jpeg


Also note the state just west of "North" Dakota and Nebraska.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: davenn and berkeman
jtbell said:
But doesn't everybody do that on their phones nowadays? Either your bank app or your health app, take your pick.
Check their balance ?