Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,336 replies · 3M views
Ibix said:
I don't recognise the Orange Crush drink in the middle. Wiki says it's distributed in the US, Canada, Syria, Lebanon, and Chile. What I can read of the labels looks English, so my money's on the US or Canada.

Those look like products I'd see at the market here in the U.S. But joined like that? No. And searching the web turns up very little. This was either a made-for-social-media prop or some one off store that thought it could increase sales by selling these combos.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Looks to be a popular sign. From a Google Images search:

https://www.google.com/search?q=bew...gECMTSYAQCgAQGqAQtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZw&sclient=img

1678827307009.png
 
Ibix said:
I don't recognise the Orange Crush drink in the middle. Wiki says it's distributed in the US, Canada, Syria, Lebanon, and Chile. What I can read of the labels looks English, so my money's on the US or Canada.
Wouldnt the labels of Pepsi, Coca Cola and so on be in English everywhere?
 
martinbn said:
Wouldnt the labels of Pepsi, Coca Cola and so on be in English everywhere?
I would expect the Crush drink to have a localised version for the flavour, at least.
 
collinsmark said:
so you'll probably have to watch it on YouTube in a new tab
I don't understand: If I put Orange Crush in a new Tab, will I get a Tab Orange?

64-39a1883023a4_1.0b17353ad9c5b37f0c62dd87131a2026.jpg
##+##
100px-Tab_can.png
##=##
latest?cb=20200630115609.jpg
##?##​
 
berkeman said:
Looks to be a popular sign. From a Google Images search:
I checked it. It is no official sign in Germany although some of these places could well be here.
 
fresh_42 said:
Don't they have special drug dealers for liquor in the US? I mean, we are talking about a market that forbids Kinder surprise eggs and probably Mon Chéri as we know it. So wouldn't all that soda stuff in a liquor store be just wasted space? That's why I thought it could have been from the UK, but I stumbled upon Crush, too.
In the US, liquor laws vary by state and sometimes by county. When I lived in Virginia, liquor (sprits) was sold only in state-owned stores. In Connecticut, liquor/beer/wine sales stopped at 8:00 PM, and the stores were tightly controlled by an "association" of store owners (-> you had to be one of the "boys" to get a license). In Florida, you could take a half-consumed drink out and drive away ("can I get that in a go-cup, please?) -- try that in Connecticut and the owner would tackle you before you got out, otherwise he'd lose his license. There was a drive -thru convenience store in the Florida Keys where I bought draft beer, it comes in a paper cup with a straw, like a milk shake. When I lived in New Orleans, there were drive-thru daiquiri places. When I moved to Nevada, I noticed the drug stores sold fishing gear, liquor, ammunition and targets, as well as cigarettes, paperbacks, coolers, etc. with the actual pharmacy at the back.
 
  • Like
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark, Ibix and fresh_42
gmax137 said:
In the US, liquor laws vary by state and sometimes by county. When I lived in Virginia, liquor (sprits) was sold only in state-owned stores. In Connecticut, liquor/beer/wine sales stopped at 8:00 PM, and the stores were tightly controlled by an "association" of store owners (-> you had to be one of the "boys" to get a license). In Florida, you could take a half-consumed drink out and drive away ("can I get that in a go-cup, please?) -- try that in Connecticut and the owner would tackle you before you got out, otherwise he'd lose his license. There was a drive -thru convenience store in the Florida Keys where I bought draft beer, it comes in a paper cup with a straw, like a milk shake. When I lived in New Orleans, there were drive-thru daiquiri places. When I moved to Nevada, I noticed the drug stores sold fishing gear, liquor, ammunition and targets, as well as cigarettes, paperbacks, coolers, etc. with the actual pharmacy at the back.
Definitely much more regulated than in Europe, I can just get in a regular store buy myself some snickers, a diet Coke and a ton of vodka, whiskey etc.
The first day your 18, you can just buy boatloads of strong alcohol and every type of tobacco you wish. (Not sure whether in all of EU but definitely here in eastern Europe)
Not necessarily a good thing, although I haven't compared tobacco and alcohol usage in young adults between EU vs US.
 
collinsmark said:
Yes, Orange Crush is is a common orange flavored soft drink (soda pop) in the US. It's been around for awhile, over a hundred years actually. As a matter of fact, the band REM even wrote a song by that name, back in the 1980s.


(There's music in the video, of course, so you'll probably have to watch it on YouTube in a new tab.)

The song "Orange Crush" by R.E.M. is about agent orange, the herbicide used in the Vietnam war. R.E.M. were frequently deliberately obscure about what their songs meant.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN and collinsmark
Where do the gardeners and landscapers live, who work in wealthy New York suburbs like the ones in Westchester County?

On Lawn Guyland.
 
artis said:
Not necessarily a good thing, although I haven't compared tobacco and alcohol usage in young adults between EU vs US.
I prefer these European rules. It shouldn't be the task of the government to decide for me as a consumer. Just make sure that I am informed of what I buy via fine print on the bottle and leave it up to me. I don't think that there is a big difference in addicts per capita in either country.

But as this is a joke thread, here is what a Russian once said to me while having a beer:
"Tastes good, but it takes too long!"
 
Text: "My daughter invited some of her climate freaks. I've already adjusted the toilet paper."
_nc_ohc=m1s_pL9LlNwAX-7C5aq&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-2.jpg
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, artis, nuuskur and 3 others
Somehow Newton was assigned the Lucasian chair despite he did not Look Asian.
 
collinsmark said:
Yes, Orange Crush is is a common orange flavored soft drink (soda pop) in the US. It's been around for awhile, over a hundred years actually. As a matter of fact, the band REM even wrote a song by that name, back in the 1980s.
Is that you in the corner? Where's your religion? Lost it?
collinsmark said:

(There's music in the video, of course, so you'll probably have to watch it on YouTube in a new tab.)
 
BillTre said:
I used to have a pick-up like that, without the sign.

You and Fred G. Sanford.

 
 
fresh_42 said:
But as this is a joke thread, here is what a Russian once said to me while having a beer:
"Tastes good, but it takes too long!"
And most importantly too much...