Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,335 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
Ok, tough guy, what are the roots of :Tom.G said:@WWGD said:
https://www.physicsforums.com/posts/6921749
...multiply any numbers of length 2 ( contrived, but necessary*) in less than 3 minutes.
I proposed LX times CI@Tom.G said:
https://www.physicsforums.com/posts/6921834
LX times CI = MMMMMMLX@Fresh42 said:
https://www.physicsforums.com/posts/6922065
VMLXAccording to:
https://byjus.com/maths/roman-numerals/
. When a symbol of a smaller value appears before a greater value symbol, it will be subtracted. For Example- IX = X – I = 10 – 1 = 9.
. The symbols V, L, and D are never subtracted, as they are not written before a greater value symbol.
I have not been able to find any information that the Romans depicted numbers as products of numerals. Please let us know if you find such.
Cheers,
Tom
L(Y^2)-(VI)Y+ XI ? ;).
Last edited:
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 5,661
- 4,509
Hmmm... The overline doesn't show on my screen. I now see in the Quote that the overline instruction is there but is still is not being executed on this end, even after a screen refresh.fresh_42 said:Please quote correctly! I wrote ##\overline{V}MLX##!That's why I used the overlined symbol. ##\overline{V}=MMMMM>M.##
There are various ways to deal with numbers greater than a thousand. Overlining is one of them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_numerals
(look for "vinculum")
Will so note in my earlier post.
Cheers,
Tom
- 19,385
- 15,622
- 19,385
- 15,622
- 13,926
- 16,804
I know I should laugh at that and move on, but part of my brain winced so hard at crossing "nothing" off a todo list that I think I sprained something. I even started to wonder how he got a pencil to draw such a clear line on an unsupported piece of paper like that. Underwater.phinds said:
Excuse me. I'll be in the corner, rocking quietly and chanting the MST3K mantra under my breath.
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Nothing starts with an N and ends with a G.
Change my mind.
Change my mind.
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Confucius Quotes
- Man who wants pretty nurse, must be patient.
- Lady who goes camping must beware of evil intent.
- Man who leaps off cliff jumps to conclusion.
- Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.
- Man who eats many prunes get good run for money.
- War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left.
- Man who stands on toilet is high on pot.
- A lion will not cheat on his wife, but a Tiger Wood!
- 13,926
- 16,804
Not happening.jack action said:Nothing starts with an N and ends with a G.
Change my mind.
- 19,385
- 15,622
Very cleverIbix said:Not happening.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Angie.Ibix said:Not happening.
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
I remember someone saying in a talk that, unlike a double negative turning into a positive, the same was never the case with double positives( i.e., that they turned into negatives). The reply from someone in the audience was " Yeah, right!".Ibix said:Not happening.
Science Advisor
- 13,423
- 4,244
Science Advisor
- 13,423
- 4,244
- 20,819
- 28,467
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
Masterpiece by Architect Escher.fresh_42 said:
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 9,747
- 11,967
have a US friend who is a pest removalist, top pic one of his removals. I thought of a good play on words
Know your Hornets Nest types .....
F-A18 Hornets pack the hangar deck of the Nimitz class carrier USS Harry S. Truman (CVN_75)
Know your Hornets Nest types .....
Last edited:
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8