Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
jedishrfu said:
Y’all should come to Austin, Texas
A dear friend of mine just posted a selfie in front of Austin's I Love You So Much sign.
1762189196740.webp

(Yes, she's that tall.)
 
Wow I didn’t know we had an I Love You sign.

We did have a funny looking frog drawn by Daniel Johnston a talented singer song writer and musician.

https://www.texasobserver.org/the-peoples-frog/

We also had an informal grafiti wall park that attracted a lot of folks. Artists would be on hand spray painting over someone else's art. Visitors could get in on the fun.

But then the property got sold in 2019 for a planned redevelopment despite a public outcry to make it a city park. I think the walls have since been torn down or moved.

https://solotripsandtips.com/graffiti-wall-austin-texas-hope-outdoor-gallery/

According to the article, the site was relocated near Austin Bergstrom Airport taking away yet another quirky spot in Austin and moving it to some out of the way spot with little intrinsic value.
 
If the yellow line is a tunnel, it's not wrong...
 
  • Like
  • Skeptical
Likes   Reactions: dextercioby, davenn, DrGreg and 3 others
fresh_42 said:
And I thought Salem (Massachusetts).
My answer was Detroit. But I was thinking of scariest places.
 
gmax137 said:
If the yellow line is a tunnel, it's not wrong...
Depends on how deep it goes... :wink:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn and BillTre
gmax137 said:
If the yellow line is a tunnel, it's not wrong...

berkeman said:
Depends on how deep it goes... :wink:

And do not forget that it has to be huge if you want to fly in it!
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: dextercioby, davenn, Borg and 4 others
jtbell said:
an article I read in my Apple News feed just now, from People magazine. It was about a 1980s event (not Halloween related!) in Cleveland, Ohio. It consistently referred to "Lake Eerie."
The article has been fixed, but the comments are still there (as of right now).

eerie.webp
 
dextercioby said:
What a dumb AI. Phoooy.

The orange route is driving from LA to NY, and hopping on a boat to France.

Everyone knows that airplanes fly, and to do so they go up and they come back down.
The 'dumb' route is the airplane flying.
It's like the same as if you could throw a ball from LA to Paris. The ball takes a parabolic path.
Elementary physics.
 
256bits said:
What a dumb AI. Phoooy.

The orange route is driving from LA to NY, and hopping on a boat to France.

Everyone knows that airplanes fly, and to do so they go up and they come back down.
The 'dumb' route is the airplane flying.
It's like the same as if you could throw a ball from LA to Paris. The ball takes a parabolic path.
Elementary physics.
I don't assume that the person is smarter than the AI. You don't know what he prompted it with - he could have told it to draw a straight line between the two and then made his 'discovery'.
 
Yesterday , at the hospital in Kashmir, there were six sick Sikhs.
 
Turns out I wasn't a fast enough runner as a kid, so I had to get a bike...

1762299281195.webp
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, WWGD, BillTre and 1 other person
256bits said:
What a dumb AI. Phoooy.

The orange route is driving from LA to NY, and hopping on a boat to France.

Everyone knows that airplanes fly, and to do so they go up and they come back down.
The 'dumb' route is the airplane flying.
It's like the same as if you could throw a ball from LA to Paris. The ball takes a parabolic path.
Elementary physics.
I thought it was about following actual Geodesics in the Sphere.
 
Borg said:
I don't assume that the person is smarter than the AI. You don't know what he prompted it with - he could have told it to draw a straight line between the two and then made his 'discovery'.

WWGD said:
I thought it was about following actual Geodesics in the Sphere.

My Flat Earth lameness did indeed go flat.
 
WWGD said:
Yesterday , at the hospital in Kashmir, there were six sick Sikhs.
They own a flock of sheep, one of which was also sick. So...

The six sick Sikhs' sixth sheep's sick.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: difalcojr and DaveC426913
IMG_1563.webp
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Care
Likes   Reactions: Filip Larsen, davenn, Borg and 4 others
davenn said:
1762502404536-webp.webp
Screwdriver joke in Police Squad!
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: davenn, 256bits and Borg
0MM8UeWfmA7hfD6QL&_nc_zt=23&_nc_ht=scontent-dus1-1.webp


I have seen the label "vegan" on bottles of 100% apple juice. I still wonder how they can guarantee that none of the apples had a worm.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, DennisN, 256bits and 3 others