Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,335 replies · 3M views
fresh_42 said:
Not even for write.
So you're saying that if you write write right, you don't write write right. But if you write write wrong then you do write write wrong? However, if you write right right you write right right, and if you write right wrong you also write right wrong. Right?
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: mfb, BillTre, jack action and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
mfb said:
A strange word. The only winning move is not to play write the word.
How about a nice game of Scrabble?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: diogenesNY and mfb
Ibix said:
So you're saying that if you write write right, you don't write write right. But if you write write wrong then you do write write wrong? Right?
Except if ...
Ibix said:
How about a nice game of Scrabble?
Not today. Since I have read to abseil a few hours ago I'm totally confused.
 
fresh_42 said:
Not today. Since I have read to abseil a few hours ago I'm totally confused.
A perfectly good English word, just like to rappel.
 
Ibix said:
A perfectly good English word, just like to rappel.
I read it in its literal context about a rescued dog, but I wonder whether it's also used as we normally use it in everyday language for "to leave early"?
 
I'm not sure if this counts as a joke or not, but here's Abbott and Costello and Covid:
Costello: I just want to know who’s up next for the Phillies.
Abbott: The Blue Jays.
Costello: When?
Abbott: Friday.
Costello: In Toronto?
Abbott: No, the Blue Jays are playing their home games in Buffalo this season.
Costello: So the game is in Buffalo?
Abbott: No, it’s in Philly.
Costello: So the Phillies are the home team?
Abbott: No, they’re the road team.

https://www.inquirer.com/phillies/phillies-covid-19-scheduling-quirks-20200728.html
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: mfb, BillTre and jtbell
If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring?

Pilgrims.
 
nc_ohc=KLE-zjLkmkYAX_7L0Ti&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq2-1.jpg
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: pbuk, Keith_McClary, Ibix and 3 others
If this is funny to you, I have an advice for life which you should definitely follow:
Do not drink with Russian men or British women! :cool:
 
  • Informative
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: wrobel, Keith_McClary and etotheipi
To the delight of Gary Larson's dyslexic friends, the back side is far.
 
A mathematician has spent ten years trying to prove the Riemann hypothesis. Finally, he decides to sell his soul to the devil in exchange for a proof. The devil promises to deliver a proof in four weeks. Half a year later, the devil shows up again - in a rather gloomy mood. "I'm sorry", he says. "I couldn't prove the hypothesis either. But" - and his face lightens up - "I think I found a really interesting lemma..."
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DrClaude and Ibix