Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,336 replies · 3M views
Screen Shot 2021-02-20 at 3.26.35 PM.png
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Not quite sure what I'm looking at here?
gmax137 said:
what I'm looking at here?
A boot. Sole at bottom right.
 
Keith_McClary said:
Not quite sure what I'm looking at here?

A boot. Sole at bottom right.
I saw the boot with the semi-detached 'waterproof' label but am unsure about the intended humor. Is the joke that a waterproof boot has ben washed up in a gutter? Not intending to beat this to death. I sometimes read comments on sites such as GoComics to help explain jokes and cultural references.
 
Klystron said:
I saw the boot with the semi-detached 'waterproof' label but am unsure about the intended humor. Is the joke that a waterproof boot has ben washed up in a gutter?
"Waterproof" boot has been rendered not waterproof - by the failure of the very thing that claims it is waterproof.

Like writing "non-flammable" on a wall - using Phosphorous sulfide.
 
When just joined physics forums:-
You can ask me any question😎.
2 days later:-
Sorry sir,I will try to be better.
 
phinds said:
If you mean to add something to this, you forgot.

I assume you are well aware of how bad it's been in parts of TX over the last week or two
Been quite different to the usual sunny weather
 
Yes
davenn said:
I assume you are well aware of how bad it's been in parts of TX over the last week or two
Yes, that's why I posted this several posts prior to your posting it.
 
The Minnesota Department of Transportation is having a contest to name eight new snowplows. Here are some of the entries:

Plow Bunyan
Snowbi Wan Kenobi
Mary Tyler More Snow
Edward Blizzardhands
Lake Snowbegone
Plowy McPlowFace

One rejected entry was "Abolish Ice". Too political.

Voting ends on Friday, Feb. 26.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark, Ibix, Vanadium 50 and 3 others
davenn said:
148698461_1-jpg.jpg
Reminds me of this sign:
240px-UK_traffic_sign_619.svg.png

Beware of Evel Knievel
For those who don't live in countries that use this sign, it really means "Motor vehicles prohibited"
 
  • Like
  • Wow
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DrClaude, davenn, jack action and 3 others
we don't have that one here in Oz or NZ

A car with a red slash through it would make more sense and be more understandable
 
davenn said:
A car with a red slash through it would make more sense and be more understandable
Only sports cars!

black-sports-car-red-stripe-600w-37300870.jpg

(Source)
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: 256bits, davenn, jack action and 3 others
I wonder how those guys who drive the snowplows get to the snowplows nowadays.

 
If we're going to do VW ads (real or imagined), it's hard to beat:

If Ted Kennedy drove a Volkswagen, he'd be President today.
1614283689955.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and Ibix
I once turned a normal diode into an LED by wiring it in the wrong way round so there was a short circuit through it.
 
News from the Red Planet: The Martian Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Home Planet Security have issued a joint alert. All Martians should be on the lookout for alien terrorist drones conducting surveillance of sensitive infrastructure targets.

drone.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Borg and BillTre