Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,335 replies · 3M views
No joke!

id=OP.ZSkVQ6KJGWbXUw474C474&w=490&h=475&o=5&pid=21.jpg
 
  • Like
  • Wow
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: scottdave, Ibix, WWGD and 2 others
Physics news on Phys.org
dextercioby said:
Kind of the reverse of that, when I was doing my PhD a labmate had got some videos of his experiment and asked me, resident computer nerd, if I knew if he could embed them in the pdf version of his thesis (cutting edge stuff, back in the day). I didn't know, so typed "videos in LaTeX" into an early-2000s search engine.

Let's say that technical articles were not the top search result.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: berkeman and BillTre
Ibix said:
Kind of the reverse of that, when I was doing my PhD a labmate had got some videos of his experiment and asked me, resident computer nerd, if I knew if he could embed them in the pdf version of his thesis (cutting edge stuff, back in the day). I didn't know, so typed "videos in LaTeX" into an early-2000s search engine.

Let's say that technical articles were not the top search result.
I saw a similar one after a demo to a customer. We were demonstrating a web page that had thumbnails on it. My manager was talking about its features, moused over them but never clicked on any of them (thankfully). Later, I had found that one piece of code just had a google search and another was a list of drilldowns for the thumbnails that someone had just entered xxx for each of them. We made sure to fix that before any more demos. :olduhh:
 
hindsight.jpg


But can he do it by smell only?
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: WWGD, Ivan Seeking, BillTre and 2 others