Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
- 13,923
- 16,802
I've started a Sarcastics' Club, but I'm having trouble telling if people are really interested in joining or not.
- 19,385
- 15,622
Well, that's better than my procrastinator's club. Lots of people joined but no one every shows up for the meetings.Ibix said:I've started a Sarcastics' Club, but I'm having trouble telling if people are really interested in joining or not.
- 13,923
- 16,802
The first rule of procrastinators' club is to be written tomorrow.phinds said:Well, that's better than my procrastinator's club. Lots of people joined but no one every shows up for the meetings.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 8,252
- 2,666
- 20,819
- 28,467
I was a member of a Codependency Club but the meeting room was always locked by cochains.Ibix said:The first rule of procrastinators' club is to be written tomorrow.
- 13,923
- 16,802
Why did the medium cross the road?
To get to the other side.
To get to the other side.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Why did a chicken make the first harmonic oscillator?Ibix said:Why did the medium cross the road?
To get to the other side.
Because it's always better on the other side.
- 19,385
- 15,622
DennisN
Gold Member
- 2,197
- 10,329
I don't mind. I'm too lazy to join the club anyway.Ibix said:The first rule of procrastinators' club is to be written tomorrow.
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,480
- 2,231
I've joined the H G Wells Appreciation Society. I'm looking forward to attending yesterday's meeting.Ibix said:I've started a Sarcastics' Club, but I'm having trouble telling if people are really interested in joining or not.
(That one works for Doctor Who, as well.)
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Wow! I'm not lazy!DennisN said:I don't mind. I'm too lazy to join the club anyway.
https://steverosephd.com/procrastination-is-not-laziness/ said:Procrastination Is Not Laziness
[...]
What causes procrastination?
According to Temporal Motivation Theory, the root cause of procrastination includes:
In other words, procrastination results from perfectionistic concerns about one’s performance, low interest in a task, having several distractions, and no immediate deadline.
- Low expectations of your competence
- A low value placed on the task
- Difficulties with impulse control
- Lack of an immediate deadline
DennisN
Gold Member
- 2,197
- 10,329
I was actually aware that procrastination is not laziness.jack action said:Wow! I'm not lazy! ("Procrastination Is Not Laziness")
But I was too lazy to think of something else.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,408
- 5,259
LOL @phinds I drive to work very early and I often see more deer than cars. I had three of those near misses one morning this week. One of them caused my coffee to spill on the console. I was watching a deer on the right side of the road but had to slam the breaks on when his two buddies on the left side wanted to join him. Less than a mile later, another deer trotted in front of me again. Definitely keeps me alert during my morning commute.phinds said:
DennisN
Gold Member
- 2,197
- 10,329
DennisN
Gold Member
- 2,197
- 10,329
Sir Brave Knight:
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 8,252
- 2,666
DennisN said:Sir Brave Knight:
View attachment 321345
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 8,252
- 2,666
BillTre said:
Don't judge! Some people are just late bloomers.
Jarvis323
- 1,247
- 988
- 20,819
- 28,467
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 8,252
- 2,666
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8