Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
nsaspook said:
Q: What's the difference between a quantum mechanic and an auto mechanic?
A: A quantum mechanic can get his car into the garage without opening the door.
I have seen pictures of people achieving this without being a quantum mechanic.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: DrClaude, davenn, DennisN and 5 others
Physics news on Phys.org
_nc_ohc=OxYRh7yCG2oAX8LnEck&_nc_ht=scontent-fra3-2.jpg
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: davenn, nuuskur, strangerep and 6 others
nsaspook said:
Q: What's the difference between a quantum mechanic and an auto mechanic?
A: A quantum mechanic can get his car into the garage without opening the door.
A2: A quantum mechanic can get his car into his two-car garage by going through both doors simultaneously.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur, nsaspook, BillTre and 1 other person
jtbell said:
A2: A quantum mechanic can get his car into his two-car garage by going through both doors simultaneously.
Whereas a relativistic mechanic can get two cars into a one-car garage by going fast enough.

(But not for very long, and not everyone will agree that he's achieved it.)
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DrClaude, nuuskur and jtbell
DrGreg said:
Whereas a relativistic mechanic can get two cars into a one-car garage by going fast enough.

(But not for very long, and not everyone will agree that he's achieved it.)
A relativistic mechanic can't get past the door!
 
fresh_42 said:
A relativistic mechanic can't get past the door!
At ##\frac{\sqrt 3}2c## (needed for a length contraction factor of 2), he is coming through your garage door. Or his atomised remains are, anyway.
 
jtbell said:
A2: A quantum mechanic can get his car into his two-car garage by going through both doors simultaneously.
There was this gynecologist who walked away from his career to go take up a new trade as an auto repair man.

He drew crowds every time he worked on a car, disassembling and re-assembling the engine entirely through the tailpipe.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jack action, fresh_42 and phinds
Apologies. That was lazy design.
I should have parameterized it for greater reusability.

There was this [profession] who walked away from his career to go take up a new trade as an auto repair man.
He drew crowds every time he worked on a car, [activity].

| profession | activity |
| gynecologist | disassembling and re-assembling the engine entirely through the tailpipe |
| proctologist | lubing up and saying, 'Now just try to idle' |
| general practitioner | grabbing the muffler and saying 'Turn your head and backfire' |
 
Last edited:
topsquark said:
This thread should be deleted for its "toxic" content.

-Dan
I don't get it. Is that a pun about Britney's mental health problems? Or a criticism about "fake news" on the internet? Or a hint that irony doesn't transport well on the internet?
 
fresh_42 said:
I don't get it. Is that a pun about Britney's mental health problems? Or a criticism about "fake news" on the internet? Or a hint that irony doesn't transport well on the internet?
Toxic is a song by Britney Spears, in the video for which she wears the outfit pictured in your post.
fresh_42 said:
For info, the first commercial flight was indeed on January 1st 1914. Total complement was one pilot and one passenger in an unenclosed cabin. https://www.space.com/16657-worlds-first-commercial-airline-the-greatest-moments-in-flight.html
 
  • Like
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark, BillTre, DrClaude and 3 others
I was browsing Amazon.de (German Amazon) for a compass and found one with a good rating.
But I got uncertain after I read this customer review... it seems dangerous to wear the compass around the neck:

Compass.jpg


But I'll be careful... I will buy it and put the compass in my pocket instead. :smile:
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark and BillTre
berkeman said:
Little-known fact -- That first paying passenger Tony Jannus was the great-grandfather of San Francisco 49ers quarterback and wunderkind Brock Purdy! :wink:

Not many people have heard about Tony's brother Hugh as he was one big a-hole.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD, DennisN, phinds and 2 others
(shoutout to all Beatles fans, including @pinball1970 and @ZapperZ )

I could easily see myself doing exactly this thing... it's my kind of humor...

The guy first plays stupid in a joke, and then after many people take it way too seriously and even get upset, he continues to play stupid, again and again in a hilarious way.

Never give up, never surrender when doing comedy like this! :biggrin:#20 You Know You're Good At Trolling When You P-ss Off The Entire Internet

Beatles.jpg


(from https://www.boredpanda.com/funny-trolling/)

(I wouldn't do it on PF though; here I usually don't play stupid, so if I sound stupid here, it's probably not a play. :smile:)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit, a bonus trolling example:

A 141 Years Old Troll (from the same article link above):

I love this one because it is so weird... what an experience it must have been to be
trolled by a long-dead person:

141 Years Old Troll.jpg
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: davenn, Wrichik Basu, BillTre and 5 others
Just received this in my inbox :
" Don't ignore your pest problem".
My reply: " You're right. That's why I just unsubscribed and blocked you".
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur, dextercioby, Wrichik Basu and 5 others
jack action said:
What lies on the ground, 100 feet in the air?

A dead centipede.
@phinds, your wolf image is needed...
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: jack action, BillTre, fresh_42 and 1 other person