Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,336 replies · 3M views
What nocturnal creature has a cry that sounds like "A... B... C..."?

The alphabat.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark and BillTre
Physics news on Phys.org
Ibix said:
What nocturnal creature has a cry that sounds like "A... B... C..."?

The alphabat.
And I thought it was this:

tomgetriebenes-unterseeboot-d-wiedergabe-147189826.jpg
 
Ibix said:
A yellow submarine? Are they known for saying the alphabet?
Confused the track, but at least the album was correct.
 
fresh_42 said:
Confused the track, but at least the album was correct.
It's from Revolver, I believe. I only know Yellow Submarine and Eleanor Rigby from that one, as far as I'm aware.
 
The spread of COVID-19 is based on two factors:
1. How dense the population is
2. How dense the population is
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark, WWGD and fresh_42
main-qimg-f91d640ed5890d0239dfe344452b9888.jpeg
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: jack action, collinsmark, Wrichik Basu and 2 others
gmax137 said:
those look more like English beatles to me.
But there are five!? ;)
 
fresh_42 said:
Pete Best.
No, I think Paul Best.
 
People who don't know the difference between entomology and etymology
bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu, Filip Larsen, Ibix and 5 others
Just found on the German Wikipedia:
The ontology (in the 16th century as a Greek ontologia formed from ancient Greek ὄν ón 'being' and λόγος lógos 'science', i.e. 'science of being') is a discipline of (theoretical) philosophy that ...

Uhm, uhm, what the heck is theoretical philosophy? Do they have an experimental philosophy?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 256bits and phinds
I dunno. Check it out.
On the cover - "Discover how to apply ancient wisdom to your life"
That sounds like there must be a practical and an applied philosophy as well.
Philosophy-for-Dummies
 
fresh_42 said:
Does an oncologist become an ornithologist if he shows someone the bird?
British jazz player Humphrey Lyttelton told a story of how a radio interviewer once asked him "I hear you're a bit of an orthinologist?" [sic]

On his way home he thought of the reply he ought to have given: "Not so much an orthinologist, more of a word-botcher."
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: fresh_42, etotheipi and Ibix
fresh_42 said:
Uhm, uhm, what the heck is theoretical philosophy? Do they have an experimental philosophy?
Maybe its the philosophy behind doing theoretical (investigations), like biological philosophy is concerned with the how to do biology.
Things like applicable metaphysics, reasonable questions, ethics, etc.
 
Ibix said:
Well it's the Dog Star, isn't it? It just wants us to throw a stick for it.
I think its official name is R.U. Sirius. I thought it was named after Syria, or the other way around.
 
WWGD said:
I think its official name is R.U. Sirius. I thought it was named after Syria, or the other way around.
I think you're taking Libyaties with the truth there.
 
Another entry for the joke analysts here in 'Lame Jokes' in PF:
main-qimg-0f0511787a5e19d14520d3c8e6013a2e.jpeg
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Hamiltonian, Wrichik Basu, Ibix and 1 other person
WWGD said:
1,000,000 times
boombox-collection-cover.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: etotheipi, jack action, mfb and 2 others