Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,334 replies · 3M views
Ibix said:
Another board I read has a knight, Sir Chenjin (say it out loud).

I don't get it.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
EnumaElish said:
I don't get it.
(search engine = Sir Chenjin)
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Sophia and OCR
1oldman2 said:
(search engine = Sir Chenjin)
And I took it for "the changing" which is pretty meaningless ...
Thanks for clarification.
 
ohhhh dear .. :rolleyes:

tomato ketchup.jpg
 
What's the difference between a celebrity, a firefighter and a physicist?
For a celebrity, fame is everything.
For a firefighter, flame is everything.
For a physicist, frame is everything.
 
Why did the programmer die of starvation in the shower?

The instructions on the shampoo bottle said "Wash, rinse, repeat"
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: LemmeThink and 1oldman2
EnumaElish said:
I don't get it.
One more time --- slowly --- and, out loud --- I didn't either --- at first, or second --- but, third time's the "charm."
 
1oldman2 said:
(search engine = Sir Chenjin)
I still don't get it. Is it supposed to sound out "Another bored irate ..."? Or "A mother board"?
 
Last edited:
Try sirch enjin - phonetically sound it out

Otherwise you must be making a point unrelated to the 'I do not get it'. Which I do not get...
 
EnumaElish said:
I still don't get it. Is it supposed to sound out "Another bored irate ..."?
Forget everything but Sir Chenjin
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: EnumaElish and OCR
fresh_42 said:
What's the difference between a celebrity, a firefighter and a physicist?
For a celebrity, fame is everything.
For a firefighter, flame is everything.
For a physicist, frame is everything.
For this thread, lame is everything
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: EnumaElish, OCR, fresh_42 and 1 other person
EnumaElish said:
still don't get it.
language barrier/hurdle/confusion/translation problem?
 
EnumaElish said:
I still don't get it.
What's your native language? Maybe "Sir Chenjin" is pronounced differently in some other languages than in English.
 
EnumaElish said:
I still don't get it. Is it supposed to sound out "Another bored irate ..."? Or "A mother board"?

Words below each other sound the same, read aloud

Search____engine
SirCh______ enjin

I guess maybe you read j in Chenjine as J in Jacques? This joke assumes you read it as j in jam. Also Ch could be alternatively read as K, Russian kh (letter x in azbuka), or even sh as in Charles (French name) but in this case, it should sound as ch in sandwich.
yeah, this joke is harder to understand for speakers of other languages.
 
Last edited:
Ever get lost in the woods ?
You won't if you just... ( C'mon -- say it -- fast -- three times... )

" Tie twine to three tree twigs."... :oldlaugh:
 
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xtp1/t31.0-8/14706958_665813663576450_510840891464061231_o.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto, BillTre and 1oldman2
https://scontent-syd1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14432982_1615937068698734_907566644400085807_n.jpg?oh=3ce4c1d89f293ca6a5900f7a2b6fd99a&oe=58A3AA59
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1oldman2 and OmCheeto
haha

https://scontent-syd1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14657342_10210509874641047_3207152573077612995_n.jpg?oh=8df8fad63c034e9806f648f27d594223&oe=5860D918
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Filip Larsen and 1oldman2
davenn said:
https://scontent-syd1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14432982_1615937068698734_907566644400085807_n.jpg?oh=3ce4c1d89f293ca6a5900f7a2b6fd99a&oe=58A3AA59
I was going to make some kind of "four crying out loud" pun. But then I realized that there are no angles given and the diagram as labelled cannot be to scale. 10/10, in that case...
 
An old lady offers her neighbour nuts for free. The man gratefully accepts.
This repeats for a few days and then the man asks:

"Grandma, why do you buy those nuts when you can't eat them? "

" I buy Tofiffee. "
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: fresh_42 and Psinter
1oldman2 said:
Forget everything but Sir Chenjin
OK. Now I get it.

So I am not to sound out "forget everything but"? (A joke)
 
My son appeared this morning wearing a backpack with a shark fin (ref), waving a lightsaber, and claiming to serve the shark side of the force.

I have trained this one well.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: 1oldman2, jim mcnamara, collinsmark and 5 others
Ibix said:
I have trained this one well.
"Well trained this one you have."
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix, davenn, DrClaude and 2 others
Ibix said:
My son appeared this morning wearing a backpack with a shark fin (ref), waving a lightsaber, and claiming to serve the shark side of the force.

I have trained this one well.
This reminds me of the following story.

Once I had a temporary daughter (modern times ...) and when she got bullied by one of her classmates, I taught her to respond something incredibly smart, so the other one would look like an idiot. So she learned by heart a mathematical phrase.

However, I didn't expect her running around on her mom's regular Line Dance event, telling everybody she could get a hold on, that ##\pi## isn't in any Galois extension of ##\mathbb{Q}##. Oh dear ...
 
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14666161_10209152958834616_2172086070718958921_n.jpg?oh=61c98ba343d813c2bee7432c4f7c1a35&oe=58AB2589
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DrClaude, sophiecentaur and Ibix
fresh_42 said:
This reminds me of the following story.

Once I had a temporary daughter (modern times ...) and when she got bullied by one of her classmates, I taught her to respond something incredibly smart, so the other one would look like an idiot. So she learned by heart a mathematical phrase.

However, I didn't expect her running around on her mom's regular Line Dance event, telling everybody she could get a hold on, that ##\pi## isn't in any Galois extension of ##\mathbb{Q}##. Oh dear ...

Time to get your hat and coat, I think, Dave. [emoji12]
 
Echo 6 Sierra said:
Why did the chicken cross the road?

He was stapled to Sid Vicious.

I thought the chicken crossed the road to see their flat mate.
 
lightandmatter said:
I thought the chicken crossed the road to see their flat mate.
Wasn't that the hedgehog? :wink: