Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
- 20,819
- 28,467
I'm not really a fan of videos, it was more a test of PF5 than a joke, although it is funny, or sad.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Mentor
- 38,152
- 10,759
Note on the office bulletin board.
To the person who stole my anti-depression medication: I hope you're happy now!
Ophiolite
- 484
- 274
I admire medical people. Especially brain surgeons. You have to take your hat off to them.
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Whoever has the Voodoo doll of me, can you please scratch my butt?
Thanks, I'm in a public place right now and cannot do it myself.
Thanks, I'm in a public place right now and cannot do it myself.
Science Advisor
- 3,766
- 2,215
No, it's a clever device to stop moronic pests reaching the admissions office. I think I'll install one of those on my front pathway too.jtbell said:I wonder whose idea of a lame joke it was to put this pillar right in, and blocking, one of the sidewalks leading up to our college’s admissions office.
[Edit:] Or maybe it's to give students some practice with the essential skill of repeatedly banging one's head against brick walls?
- 20,819
- 28,467
I know this works in GB, not sure about the states, but everywhere else in Europe it would just ruin the lawn.strangerep said:No, it's a clever device to stop moronic pests reaching the admissions office. I think I'll install one of those on my front pathway too.
Mentor
- 37,544
- 14,425
Great for wheelchair users...
- 13,926
- 16,803
Seven reaction options, and still none of them is "groan"...
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
I will start being careful when someone calls me 'mate' from now on.Bandersnatch said:@Bystander @fresh_42 I know. But that is not the 'this etymology' I was referring to, as you can readily see by comparing your own links to what @Klystron posted. I don't feel too comfortable with my Latin, since it's been a while since I took it (and only a semester), so I'd be happy to learn that there is a 'mate' verb that means 'kill, murder', or that the word 'deci' means 'tenth' (as opposed to e.g. 'decimus').
- 20,819
- 28,467
Mate is really good, you should try it. I prefer the smoked variant.WWGD said:I will start being careful when someone calls me 'mate' from now on.
(And yes, I do not like that English doesn't provide a distinction between geräuchert and geraucht. So no jokes please, it is not my fault that English has a gap here.)
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 9,747
- 11,967
well ... that belongs in the thread ... "Today I learned" ... I never knewfresh_42 said:Mate is really good, you should try it. I prefer the smoked variant.
(And yes, I do not like that English doesn't provide a distinction between geräuchert and geraucht. So no jokes please, it is not my fault that English has a gap here.)
of course in Aussie and NZ at least, "mate" would always refer to friend
as in ...
a classic ol Aussie song
- 20,819
- 28,467
I like the British version:davenn said:well ... that belongs in the thread ... "Today I learned" ... I never knew
of course in Aussie and NZ at least, "mate" would always refer to friend
Steelwolf
- 104
- 179
Why do you only come across lame puns? All the good ones run away!
- 20,819
- 28,467
"How did you celebrate your birthday?"
"No idea. I haven't seen the photos, yet."
"No idea. I haven't seen the photos, yet."
Last edited:
Steelwolf
- 104
- 179
Do you know why they never tortured Bilbo Baggins? A bad Hobbit is hard to break.
Mentor
- 8,478
- 5,700
@Greg Bernhardt: we really, really need that reaction!Ibix said:Seven reaction options, and still none of them is "groan"...
jtbell said:Have you heard? Six of the Seven Dwarfs have gone on strike because they're not Happy.
Steelwolf said:Do you know why they never tortured Bilbo Baggins? A bad Hobbit is hard to break.
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8