Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,344 replies · 3M views
My emotional support animal is a chicken. A Kentucky fried chicken. With a biscuit. It gives me great comfort.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: davenn, pinball1970, BillTre and 3 others
Physics news on Phys.org
In that case, I have an occasional support pizza.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, BillTre, phinds and 1 other person
s-That-Prove-Our-World-Has-Changed-For-The-Worse-7.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, Ibix and WWGD
20221109_222328.jpg
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: davenn, pinball1970, jack action and 1 other person
One dad joke to rule them all:

 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre, jack action, pinball1970 and 1 other person
256bits said:
Le question est difficile a conprendre.
Me too
 
orsova said:
One dad joke to rule them all:


That's an awesome dad joke. However the world's funniest joke belongs to our very own Earnest Scribbler.
 
Why did the chicken cross the road?

EINSTEIN: Whether the chicken crossed the road or the road moved beneath the chicken depends upon your frame of reference.
QUANTUM PHYSICIST: Because you measured its momentum too precisely.
COLONEL SANDERS (Founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken): I missed one?
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: davenn, jack action, Wrichik Basu and 1 other person
fresh_42 said:
It could be Churchill or possibly W C Fields but there is a put down I remember.

After a brief conversation with a lady she looked at the gentleman in disgust and said,
"You are drunken."
He turned to her and said,
"Yes, and you madam you are ugly but in the morning I will be sober."
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: davenn, BillTre and fresh_42
pinball1970 said:
It could be Churchill or possibly W C Fields but there is a put down I remember.

After a brief conversation with a lady she looked at the gentleman in disgust and said,
"You are drunken."
He turned to her and said,
"Yes, and you madam you are ugly but in the morning I will be sober."
Yeah, either Churchill, Twain, or Shaw.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and BillTre
pinball1970 said:
It could be Churchill or possibly W C Fields but there is a put down I remember.

After a brief conversation with a lady she looked at the gentleman in disgust and said,
"You are drunken."
He turned to her and said,
"Yes, and you madam you are ugly but in the morning I will be sober."
Churchill, to Nancy Astor, I believe.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn and pinball1970
fresh_42 said:
Yeah, either Churchill, Twain, or Shaw.
Eventually, all quotes will be attributed to Mark Twain.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and phinds
Ibix said:
Churchill, to Nancy Astor, I believe.
It is mean, I could never say that to anyone. Do I find it funny? Yes because if it was off the cuff..

There is another quote similar (but different)

Upper class gentlemen did not regularly bathe in the 18th century, they thought it was uncouth and something only commoners did. They used perfume instead. (This could be BS, a brother (cleric) taught me this at sixth form college )

A well off dandy was talking to a lady when she suddenly announced,
'Sir, you smell.'
He replied,
'No madam, YOU smell. I stink.'
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: BillTre, jack action, phinds and 2 others
Ibix said:
Eventually, all quotes will be attributed to Mark Twain.
..., or to W. C. Fields.
 
BillTre said:
Ironically, they have actually done so.

The term "PC" is an attempt to solve the problem of saying political correctness without saying political correctness.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and BillTre
The post-script notes at the end of the TV show "Northwoods Law" are usually pretty good. They tell you the end result of the cases that the Game Wardens dealt with in that episode. But this post-script made me do a double-take...

Northwoods Law Screenshot No Blood.jpg
 
  • Haha
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: phinds, jack action, BillTre and 4 others
I was thinking ethylene glycol...
 
berkeman said:
The post-script notes at the end of the TV show "Northwoods Law" are usually pretty good. They tell you the end result of the cases that the Game Wardens dealt with in that episode. But this post-script made me do a double-take...

View attachment 317058
I never understood why Americans are so obsessed with zombies, but now it's getting ridiculous!
 
DaveC426913 said:
Ironically, they have actually done so.

The term "PC" is an attempt to solve the problem of saying political correctness without saying political correctness.
Related
fresh_42 said:
I never understood why Americans are so obsessed with zombies, but now it's getting ridiculous!
Zoobyshoe wrote a really good reply to that. It seemed convincing and well argued , but I can't, embarrassingly, remember what he wrote. I haven't seen him in PF for years now.