Collection of Lame Jokes

• Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jokes
In summary: It's a humor that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness. It's not for everyone.Not a fan of surrealism, I take it?In summary, surrealism is an art form that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness, often producing incongruous imagery or effects. It may not be appreciated by everyone, but for those who do, it can be quite humorous.
  • #6,126
davenn said:
A truck loaded with thousands of copies of Roget's Thesaurus crashed yesterday losing its entire load.
Roget's customers are now lost for words.

Likes jedishrfu, 256bits, jack action and 2 others
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #6,127
davenn said:
A truck loaded with thousands of copies of Roget's Thesaurus crashed yesterday losing its entire load. Witnesses were stunned, startled, aghast, taken aback, stupefied, confused, shocked, rattled, paralyses,
dazed, bewildered, mixed up, surprised, awed, dumbfounded, nonplussed, flabbergasted, astounded,
amazed, confounded, astonished, overwhelmed, horrified, numbed, speechless, and perplexed
They're going to adapt Roget's Thesaurus for the big screen. It'll be called "Thesaurus: The Movie, Film, Picture, Flick".

(Always cite your sources: Milton Jones, I think)

Likes jedishrfu and Klystron
  • #6,128
Related: one way to estimate a librarian or bookseller's experience level is to ask for a copy of Roger's Dinosaur and see if they start searching the children's fiction section or go directly to reference books.

Likes Keith_McClary, jedishrfu and davenn
  • #6,129
davenn said:
It's fine as long as there is visual confirmation of the location of spider. This picture is testament to the fact that problems start once you no longer see the spider :D

Likes Klystron
  • #6,130
Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 3.32.52 PM.png

• Love
  • Haha
Likes jedishrfu, nuuskur, 256bits and 1 other person
  • #6,131
nuuskur said:
[...]problems start once you no longer see the spider :D
The solution to this problem involves music accompanied by body language and signs:

"The inky-binky Spider crawled up the water spout." {Stand straight. Wave your fingers upright in the air to simulate climbing.}

"Down came the rain and washed the spider out" {Frown. Lower your arms and wiggle your fingers downward.}

"Out came the Sun and dried up all the rain." {Smile and lift your fingers in a circle.}

"And the inky-binky Spider climbed up the spout, again." {Stand tall. Wave your hands in the air, triumphant.}

Witness the Spider's dilemma. From YouTube.

Last edited:
Likes jedishrfu
  • #6,132
I don't know where my sister wants to go. I guess Alaska .

• Haha
Likes nuuskur and jedishrfu
  • #6,133
WWGD said:
I don't know where my sister wants to go. I guess Alaska .
My sister went to the West Indies.
Jamaica?
No, she wanted to go.

(A very old joke, paraphrased)

• Haha
Likes jedishrfu, 256bits, Klystron and 1 other person
  • #6,134
DrGreg said:
My sister went to the West Indies.
Jamaica?
No, she wanted to go.

(A very old joke, paraphrased)
Addition of jokes: I don't know where my sister wants to go. I guess Alaska. If she won't tell you, Jamaica.

Likes jedishrfu and Klystron
  • #6,135
ohhhh dear hahaha

1566526843734.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Likes Stavros Kiri, jedishrfu, jtbell and 5 others
  • #6,137
needed a screwdriver.jpg

• Haha
  • Love
Likes Stavros Kiri, jedishrfu, Steelwolf and 5 others
  • #6,138
Man #1: Look, up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's...

<splat>

Man #2: (while #1 wipes off his eyeglasses) You were right the first time.

• Haha
Likes Stavros Kiri, jedishrfu, Wrichik Basu and 5 others
  • #6,139
grilled chicken.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Likes Stavros Kiri, WWGD, jedishrfu and 5 others
  • #6,140
134238174_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fymq3-1.fna.fbcdn.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Likes Keith_McClary, WWGD, 256bits and 5 others
  • #6,141
"Oh, oh, the dark forces are coming over me!"
"Have you spilled the coffee again?"

• Haha
Likes jedishrfu and nuuskur
  • #6,143
h84vlCbUIm1dml8oZVWAjrBTVo&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq3-1.jpg

• Love
Likes Stavros Kiri, 256bits, DrClaude and 5 others
  • #6,144
1567009328421.png

• Haha
Likes Stavros Kiri, Filip Larsen, 256bits and 7 others
  • #6,145
Nostradamus knew I was going to make this joke...

Likes Stavros Kiri, 256bits, jedishrfu and 1 other person
  • #6,146
What's a snake's favourite subject?

Hissstory.

Likes collinsmark and Klystron
  • #6,147
Another password joke:

Jns9u3x-VDLhfqUqJXuCtp9qHA&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq3-1.jpg

• Wow
Likes Stavros Kiri, nuuskur and Klystron
  • #6,148
hs-wFAtFTS7pRTd2pGdGuI7Vak&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq3-1.jpg

• Informative
Likes 256bits, DrClaude, nuuskur and 1 other person
  • #6,149
4DmBByCypaE169tpKpImBBeu-c&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq3-1.png

• Haha
Likes 256bits, strangerep, fresh_42 and 3 others
  • #6,150
Yesterday I played chess against my little eight-year-old daughter. She was playing for the first time.
Of course I beat her.

But only because the lousy pita has won.

• Skeptical
  • Sad
Likes jedishrfu, strangerep and nuuskur
  • #6,151
fresh_42 said:
Yesterday I played chess against my little eight-year-old daughter. She was playing for the first time.
Of course I beat her.

I think that would work better as "won the game" rather than "has won". (YMMV on whether beating your child because she beat you at chess is funny, but the play on "beat" is clearer).

• #6,152
Ibix said:
I think that would work better as "won the game" rather than "has won". (YMMV on whether beating your child because she beat you at chess is funny, but the play on "beat" is clearer).
I used Google translate, double checked. Mainly to get "kleine Pissnelke" translated, but this was in vain. Yeah, beating your child was an issue I had also trouble with. Finally I thought it is like ego-shooter video games: it only happened to electrons, not real persons. Of course I would have beaten her. On the board, of course.

• Wow
Likes nuuskur
  • #6,153
fresh_42 said:
I used Google translate, double checked. Mainly to get "kleine Pissnelke" translated, but this was in vain. Yeah, beating your child was an issue I had also trouble with. Finally I thought it is like ego-shooter video games: it only happened to electrons, not real persons. Of course I would have beaten her. On the board, of course.
That is like..waaay above my paygrade. o_O

• #6,154
fresh_42 said:
In colloquial but archaic American English "little pissant" sounds close but the expression is pejorative and exclusively masculine; at least I have never heard the term "pissant" applied to a girl much less a woman since the insult implies an immature male.

Nelke translates literally as Carnation on my machine. So, my "sweet little flower" let me win?

• #6,155
Klystron said:
In colloquial but archaic American English "little pissant" sounds close but the expression is pejorative and exclusively masculine; at least I have never heard the term "pissant" applied to a girl much less a woman since the insult implies an immature male.

Nelke translates literally as Carnation on my machine. So, my "sweet little flower" let me win?
Well, depends on how much sarcasm lies in the "sweet" part. Although carnation is true and which is why it is an insult for females, it is still an insult; the rest of the word does not need a translation. The flower only softens the insult a bit. However, I wouldn't use it and definitely not on strangers. But as the entire story, it's not real, so the words shall only transport the mood.

• Informative
Likes Klystron
  • #6,156
With apologies to Joyce Kilmer
I think that I shall never see,​
A poem as lovely as your knee.​
A knee whose flesh lies softly prest,​
Against thy sweet and flowing breast.​

• #6,158
fresh_42 said:
:oldconfused:

PITA? Pain In The A**e?

• #6,159
strangerep said:
:oldconfused:

PITA? Pain In The A**e?
The closest I came with dictionaries to translate the insult in german slang.

• #6,160
Does anyone have the phone number of that witch from Snow White? I need some apples.

Likes Klystron